Climate Change Research Department
Anisimov Oleg A. ,
Doctor of Geographical Sciences
The Department was established in 1975 on the basis of the Physical Climatology Department at the Main Geophysical Observatory. From 1975 till Dec, 2001 the Head of the Department was M.I.Budyko.
Main activities are:
- Analyzing the modern global and regional climate changes based on GIS;
- Assessing the accuracy of hydrodynamic climate for the territory of Russia;
- Studying the main natural and socioeconomic climate change impacts;
- Assessing the critical levels of climate change impacts on natural and socioeconomic processes on the territory of Russia;
- Analysis and forecasting of permafrost state based on observational and simulated data;
- Modelling the emission of greenhouse gases in the Subarctic region simulated data;
- Analysis and forecasting of the dynamic of vegetative areas and bioproductivity based on the synthesis of ground-level and satellite data and results of simulations;
- Integrating paleoclimatic data and their applying for long-term climatological forecast;
- Studying the public perception of modern climate and environmental changes.
More information about the directions of scientific activities, the results of researches and publications can be found at the department's web-site: permafrost.su.