Department of Metrology and Standardization
The department provides services for calibration of hydrological measuring instruments.
Main activities are:
- Implementing methodological and scientific guidance for the metrological services of Roshydromet in terms of ensuring the unity and required accuracy of hydrological measurements performed to obtain information on surface water.
- Introducing modern methods and measuring systems for hydrological characteristics to increase the quality of scientific research, measurement and calibration.
- Developing the concept of metrological support for measurements and observations, and developing and implementing a unified technical policy in the field of metrological provision of hydrological measurements.
- Analysing the state of hydrological measurements.
- Developing technical requirements for hydrological measurement systems, controls and test tools.
- Contributing to the development of tools and methods for measurements, calibration techniques and standards.
- Providing scientific, organizational and methodical support for work on the metrological provision of hydrological measurements.
- Developing verification schemes and participating in hydrological testing.
Developing and carrying out metrological certification of measuring methods and related hydrological manuals.